LMDG - Labour Market Dynamics and Growth
The Labour Research Group at the Department of Economics and Business, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, carried out research in applied and theoretical labour market theory.
From 2011 the activities continued in the research unit CAP (Cycles, Adjustment and Policy)
Professor Dale T. Mortensen, Department of Economics, Northwestern University, (February 2, 1939 – January 9, 2014) was appointed Niels Bohr Visiting Professor for the period 2006-2010 and has been appointed Visiting Professor at Aarhus University for the period 2011-2015 associated with the FSE Research Unit CAP.
Professor Dale T. Mortensen died on January 9, 2014.
The following research fields were defined:
- Productivity Differences, Firm Evolution, and Growth
- Productivity Dispersion, Worker Flows, and Aggregate TFP
- Firm Heterogeneity, Earnings Differences, and Job Mobility
- International Trade and Growth
- The Family, labour supply, and the labour market Performance and Policy
using large merged firm-worker micro data sets covering the period 1980-2008.